Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Linkedin are all great and easy ways to market your business. They have not only connected people more often; they have also brought more brands closer to the public. However, many businesses fail to use it properly and so they are not reaping all the rewards they could be. When used well the benefits of social media are enormous and this article provides reasons why your business needs social media.
Building Brand Awareness
- Social Media drive traffic to other corporate channels (official website), and help reach new and growing audiences.
- Talk about your culture, employees, what you offer, and who you are as a company.
- Share valuable content; this way, your company will be perceived as a leader in your space.
- Share customer success stories. People want to be associated with a successful brand.
Build Your Sales Pipeline
- Informal conversations on the social web, where majority of your products are spending time, can be disguised as leads.
- Post a facebook link to your website where more information about your products is available.
- Collect e-mail signup details from followers who opt-in to exclusive offers and reports.
- Encourage feedback and let customers add reviews and share your content their networks.
Make Customer Service Personal
- Helpful feedback publicly shows the responsiveness of your organization to clients and prospects, helping you build a positive brand perception.
- Reply to customers asking for help or have complaints about your products.
- Build relationships and reward your most loyal and influential customers.
- Educate your customer by posting links to service centers, proper product handling, and other relevant tips.
Make Events Social – Online and Offline
- Event marketing via Social Media fosters a community full of shared content and experiences, driving higher attendance and awareness of your event.
- Give exclusive benefits by luring customers to become parts of the in crowd by offering incentives.
- Remind everyone by sending tweets about the event few days before they take place.
- Share content from the event. Broadcast replies to questions and photos taken at the event.
- Run a contest that can generate excitement and awareness by raffling off passers and gift packs.
Launch a Product over Social Media
- Social networks can create hype around product launches, and since people are more likely to trust information from friends and connections, the messages becomes more effective than those shared on traditional channel.
- Build up teasers and excitement without giving away all the details of a new product.
- Illustrate in a video why customers should be excited about your product.
- Allow submissions of new product ideas like names or design features.