Have you ever wondered if the stuff you are buying are sulit? Are they too expensive? Would it be better to buy the same style at tiange than in an expensive boutique? Follow me through in assessing what kinds of clothing are worthy to spend your money on and what are those that can financially compromise you.
It is natural for human beings to be attracted to different stuffs. Sometimes we tend to think that a fashionable person is someone who buys expensive clothes, jewelries, designer shoes etc. However, being fashionable doesn’t have to be equated with spending lots of money and empty pockets, it is more about how you style yourself and budget your money for clothes and trendy things that would fit your style and personality.
As someone who wants to stay fashionable, I want to embrace the fact that there are clothes that are worth the extra money, for a reason that these clothes serve a higher purpose compared to others. These clothes are what we call timeless. Timeless because you can wear such outfit 3-5 times a week without being laugh at and you feel comfortable as time goes by…. My top 3 are:
1. Jeans. Jeans are as its best when you bought the right fit and the more you use it the more smoother and comfy it becomes. Jeans was first created as protective clothing for miners and cowboys because it provides warmth and does not easily tear off. So, as we buy jeans we must not only think about how pretty we look in it but also how far/long it could last. Jeans will never go out of style and you can re-use it two to three times with out putting in the laundry. Remember, no matter what cut it jeans you have it will never be out of style, but of course it should be fit on you.
2. Jackets. Though Philippines is a tropical country, jackets should be considered as must have! One or two pairs of jackets with good quality would be enough for a person to stay fashionable in an entire year. Jackets’ main propose is to keep you warm and protected so it is something worth an extra penny if it has a higher quality compared to others. This is also advisable for ladies who work or stay for several hours at air-conditioned places where cold air readily penetrates the skin. This would make you fashionable even inside the office or classroom.
3. Bras. This may sound funny, but yes a good pair of bra that protects a woman’s breast is a necessity. But beside the practical reasons, a right pair of bra will give a good figure whether you wear a casual shirt or dress.
Not To Splurge:
Fashionable clothes are actually more in the set of clothes that are not advised to splurge on. The truth is, you better have more of these clothes because you can play with them and you can give them away if you don’t like it anymore. These are dresses, shirts, and skirts.
1. Dresses. If you want to look fashionable then you should buy one. Of course you have to consider factors like age, style, mood and place where you will wear such outfit ‘coz this could make or break you if not worn properly. If you are a type of girl who wants to wear dresses I advise you to have 5 dresses or more in your closet. Why? Because it will be weird to wear the same dress twice a week and meeting the same set of people. But if you are not the dress addict kind of girl then two dresses for casual occasions will do, assuming that these occasions don’t happen every now and then of your life. The point here is, dresses are not as versatile as other clothes so it is not worth to splurge on a pair of dress. It is better to choose five pretty dresses with reasonable price than one expensive high quality dress.
2. Skirts. Skirts are like candies for ladies. A boyish girl can be transformed to a sweet lady by simply wearing a skirt. It gives a happy aura especially when they are printed with floral, aztec, pastel, and bright colors. Most of the times ladies in the metro prefer to wear jeans because it is more practical to wear especially when commuting is a daily task. So for me, it is not something worth to be expensive.
3. Shirts with prints. Shirts with big letters phrases, quotes, skull prints, cute and scary monsters, cartoons, your favorite artist etc. all of these belong to this category and ok I get it, prints could make you look cooler. It gives you the feeling of blending with current trends, but trust me those shirts will be soon out of style. Wherever you go, trend and style change rapidly, a dust in the wind if I may say. In addition you also need to consider the prints on your shirt before wearing it. Prints should somehow justify the reason why you are wearing it on that particular occasion or event. You can buy a lot of shirts but not buy too expensive one.
But of course, before you buy an outfit think if you can make the most out of it because if not it would be just a waste of your money.
Live an IZE Life
More fashion styles at http://isachar.tumblr.com/